Carl joined Quest in 1997 and was named partner in 2003. His customized approach to working with clients and other members of a financial planning team comes from years of leading professional and technical staffs through problem solving to find solutions. From these years of experience, he has helped families transform undefined goals into actionable strategies designed to meet those goals.
A retired US Marine officer and Naval Aviator, the skills he acquired in the United States Marine Corps have contributed to his discipline and thoroughness in providing families with insight into achieving their financial goals. This skillset helps him deliver innovative and strategic “out-of-the-box” solutions that focus on building his clients’ wealth, managing and preserving it, and ultimately helping him make a positive difference in their lives.
Carl specializes in working with busy professionals and has an expertise in developing investment strategies to help build and maintain wealth, retirement income distribution solutions and estate planning.
Professional and Community Commitment
- Member, Financial Planning Association, DFW Chapter
- Member, Investment & wealth Institute (formerly IMCA)
- Member, Institute of Investment Management Consulting (IIMC)
- Member, National Association of Estate Planners and Councils (NAEPC)
- Member, Foundation for Financial Planning (FFP)
- Member, Southern Illinois University Alumni Association
- Past Member, Collaborative Law Institute
- Grand Knight, Knights of Columbus Council 9337
- Member, Marine Corps Association and Foundation (MCA&F)
- Member, Military Officer’s Association (MOAA)
- Life Member, American Legion, Post 117
Honors and Rankings
- D Magazine, Top Wealth Managers: 2017*
- Raymond James Leaders Council 2013 – present
Education and Professional Credentials
- Bachelor of Science in management, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Summa Cum Laude
- Master of Science in international relations, Troy State University. Highest Honors.
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®)
- Investment Management Consultant®
- Accredited Estate Planner® (AEP®)
- Series 7, 24, 31, 51, 63 and 65 licensed
- Registered Principal with the National Futures Association
- Texas General Lines Insurance, Life, Accident and Health
Out of the Office
Carl is married to his high school sweetheart and has two grown daughters who live in Dallas. He is an avid scuba diving instructor and Divemaster, an avid sailor and enjoys golf, underwater photography and playing his guitar(s).