Chris Young, CFP®, CPWA®, AEP®
Chris joined Quest in 1993 and was named partner in 2005. Chris takes a holistic approach to working with his clients to ensure they understand how each aspect of their financial plan contributes to their financial goals. He provides thoughtful guidance to his clients as they experience major life transitions, such as marriage, divorce, career moves, job loss, and sale of a business or dissolution of a partnership.
Chris’ client base includes physicians, lawyers, dentists, business owners, executives, and other professionals. He has established long-term relationships with his clients and works with multiple generations within the same families.
Professional and Community Commitment
- Member, Financial Planning Association – DFW Chapter
- Member, Plano Parks Foundation
- Member, Dallas Estate Planning Council
Honors and Rankings
- D Magazine, Top Wealth Managers: 2017*
Education and Professional Credentials
- Bachelor of Science, University of Texas at Dallas, cum laude
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- Certified Private Wealth Advisor®
- Accredited Estate Planner®
- Series 7, 24,31, 63, and 65 licenses
- Agent for Life and Disability Insurance, Texas Department of Insurance
Out of Office
Chris married his college sweetheart, Amy. They live in Plano with their three children. When not in the office, Chris enjoys traveling and working on his golf game. Chris also coaches his son’s competitive soccer team.
Meet Chris’ Team
* D Magazine, Top Wealth Managers: 2017: We asked every wealth management firm and team in Dallas-Fort Worth Chapter of Financial Planning Association®, Chartered Financial Analyst Association®, and the Investment Management Consultants Association® to tell us about their practice. The final list was selected based on these criteria: top firms or teams must have total assets under management for individual clients of at least $50 million; average assets under management per client of at least $750,000; a 93 percent client retention rate over the last two years; no current disciplinary action; and been in existence for at least five years. They must hold themselves out as a fiduciary for their clients and provide them with the required DOL fiduciary disclosure. A panel of esteemed local wealth managers reviewed the final list. Neither the firms nor their employees pay a fee to D Magazine in exchange for inclusion in the Top Wealth Managers list. Inclusion on the list is no guarantee as to future investment success and may not be representative of individual clients’ experience. Out of the 50 that applied, 25 firms and teams were selected. Raymond James is not affiliated with D Magazine. The inclusion of the financial advisor on the list should not be construed as an endorsement of the financial advisory practice by D Magazine. Neither Raymond James nor any of its’ Financial Advisors pay a fee in exchange for this award/rating. Out of the 50 that applied, 25 firms and teams were selected.
-Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, Certified Financial Planner™, CFP® (with plaque design) and CFP® (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.
-Investment Management Consultants Association® (IMCAM®) is the owner of the certification marks “CIMA®”, “CPWA®”, “Certified Investment Management Analyst®”, and “Certified Private Wealth®”. Use signifies that the user has successfully completed IMCA’s initial and ongoing credentialing requirements for certification.