Chief Operating Officer
Dennis Moore started at Quest as an intern in 2003 and joined Quest full time in 2004 after graduating from Texas Tech University. He was named partner in 2016. As Quest’s COO, Dennis leads the firm’s operations and works closely with the wealth advisors to set the strategic direction of the firm. In addition to operations, he manages personnel, technology and financial initiatives that best support the firm’s clients and growth.
Dennis is passionate about the financial planning profession. His dedication to professional development drives him to seek opportunities in which he can assist young financial planning professionals in their career growth. He volunteers his time mentoring young planners and currently serves as chair of the Mentor Committee for the Texas Tech University Personal Financial Planning Alumni Advisory Board. Dennis is also active in the Financial Planning Association and served on the FPA DFW Board of Directors from 2010 – 2016. In addition to local involvement, Dennis has been on several national FPA committees over the years and is currently a member of the OneFPA Advisory Group.
Professional and Community Commitment
- Member, OneFPA Advisory Group
- Chair, (2016-2017) - Mentor Committee, Texas Tech University Personal Finance Planning Alumni Advisory Board
- Chair (2016) and Member, Board of Directors, Financial Planning Association – DFW Chapter (President – 2015)
- Chair (2016) – Financial Planning Association Alliance Forum
- Founding Member, Texas Tech University Personal Financial Planning Alumni Advisory Board (President – 2013)
- Member, Dallas Regional Chamber Young Professionals
- Member, Board of Directors, Young Friends of Ronald McDonald House of Dallas
Honors and Rankings
- Texas Tech Personal Financial Planning Young Guns Award – Awarded to Texas Tech alumni that have been identified as emerging leaders in the financial planning industry in regard to career achievements and community service endeavors, a record that demonstrates significant contributions to his/her field, characteristics that indicate the likelihood of future leadership and success, and demonstrated interest in and support for the Department of Personal Financial Planning at Texas Tech University. (2015)*
In the News
- Guest column, “Career Path Advice for Young Planners”, Journal of Financial Planning, January 2017 issue
- Guest speaker for podcast, “ You’re a Financial Planner, Now What?”, November 2016
- "Young Advisors to Watch" – FA Magazine, May 2015 issue
Education and Professional Credentials
- Master of Business Administration with an emphasis in management and leadership, Texas Tech University
- Bachelor of Science in personal financial planning, Texas Tech University, magna cum laude
- Certified Financial Planner™ professional
- Predictive Index Analyst™ – Certified Predictive Index analysts leverage the Predictive Index system for job modeling, selection and hiring, leadership development, succession
Out of the Office
Dennis lives in Dallas with his wife, Aubrey, and enjoys traveling, playing golf, and cheering for the Red Raiders.